Partridge (for 4)
- 1 partridge per person.
- 2 onions.
- Salt and pepper.
- 2 carrots.
- 2 parsnips
- 1 small turnip.
- Chicken stock.
- Sunflower oil.
- Red currant jelly.
- Dice all veg and put into roasting tray add a little oil and mix.
- Cook in medium oven for 10 minutes, take out and add flour, chicken stock and red current jelly.
- Put partridge on top cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Put partridge on a plate and spoon over veg and juices.
- Serve with savoy cabbage, shredded and cooked and tossed in butter, with creamy mashed potatoes.