Roast Duck with Raspberry Sauce (serves 2)
Method for Duck
Put duck in a roasting tray, put apple or ½ orange in cavity. Pour over apple or orange juice. Cover then cook for approx one to one and half hours.
- 8oz. fresh or frozen raspberries.
- ¼ pint wine vinegar.
- 1-tablespoon caster sugar.
- Approx ½ pint chicken stock.
- 2 teaspoon corn flour.
- Juice and rind from ½ lemon.
- Salt & pepper.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar, boil fast until syrupy.
- Pour in stock; carefully boil until mixture is reduced by half.
- Mix corn flour in lemon juice, add a little mixture bit by bit, then put back into pan & bring to boil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- If it goes lumpy a quick whisk with a balloon whisk does the trick.