Skewers of Organic Lamb in a Sulwath reduction (serves 4)
- 45g Scottish lamb gigot, cubed.
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- 8 shallots, peeled and halved depending on size.
- Approx 100g button mushrooms.
- 1 green pepper cut in chunks.
- Freshly milled pepper.
- 30mls (2 tblsp) olive oil.
- 1 bottle Knockendoch Sulwath Ale.
- Galloway Lodge Poachers Pickle.
- 8 skewers.
- If using wooden skewers, pre-soak to prevent charring.
- In a bowl allow lamb, mushrooms, pepper, rosemary & shallots to marinade in olive oil. Leave for 15mins to absorb flavours.
- Thread lamb & vegetables onto skewers & pre-heat grill pan. Lay skewers on pan & sizzle for 10 minutes until almost cooked.
- Deglaze pan with half the ale & allow to simmer & reduce. Add a teaspoon of corn flour dissolved in ale to adjust consistency if required. Bring to the boil prior to serving to cook out added flour.
- Serve lamb skewers with local potatoes, seasonal vegetables & Poacher’s Pickle.