Smoked Partridge/Pheasant on a tangy root salad
- Smoked partridge/ smoked pheasant breasts.
- 2 carrots peeled and grated.
- 1 bunch radishes, washed & trimmed.
- 1 bunch watercress, washed & stalks trimmed
- Small bunch chives, snipped.
- 2 rashers of bacon, grilled until crispy & snipped into strips.
- Dressing :
- Freshly milled pepper.
- 4-tblsp olive oil.
- 1 tblsp red wine vinegar.
- Half a tsp Mellis blossom honey.
- Light pinch of salt
- Garnish : Shavings of cheese.
- Prepare salad by mixing all ingredients together in a bowl, adding chives.
- To make vinaigrette, place all ingredients in an empty jam jar, replace lid and shake well.
- Drizzle a little over salad prior to serving. Store remainder in jar in fridge.
- Set smoked partridge/ smoked pheasant breasts on salad to serve, topped with fine shavings of cheese