Stir-Fry Pheasant with Ginger & Lemon Sauce
For the Pheasant Marinade :-
- 6 Craigadam Pheasant Breasts cut into strips.
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped or grated.
- 3 Lemons’ Grated Rind (zest) and the lemon juice.
- 1 large piece of Ginger grated.
- Drizzle of Olive Oil.
And, for the Lemon Sauce :-
- 2 Cartons of Crème Fraiche.
- Juice of 6 Lemons
- 3 Lemons’ Grated Rind (zest).
- 1½ Teaspoons Sugar.
- Place the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and leave to marinate for at least a couple of hours or overnight.
For the Lemon Sauce :-
- Place the ingredients for the sauce into a pan and heat up slowly, stirring all the time.
- Check the sharpness of the sauce. If still too sharp, add more sugar.
- Leave aside until needed.
And, for the Pheasant Stir-Fry :-
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan or wok until very hot.
- Add the marinated pheasant and stir-fry till cooked.
- Add the lemon sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes, adding any seasoning if required.
- Serve with cooked basmati rice and a green salad.
~ Recipe courtesy of Catherine Braid, The Green Tea House, Moniaive ~